We run co-produced recovery-focused courses for everyone 18+ in Camden and Islington that promote hope that recovery is possible. Our courses are lively, aspirational and interactive. We aim to empower people in practical ways by teaching them self-care tools to improve their wellbeing.
Enrol with The Recovery College by completing our online enrolment form.
- Borough(s): Camden, Islington
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 020 3317 6904
What to expect
We work using the model of co-production, where professionals from our Trust and community work together with peer tutors, who have lived and professional experience, to co-produce recovery-focused courses. Co-production continues with our students who have their own knowledge, skills and experience to share in courses.
Who is this service for?
Everyone aged 18+ who lives or works in Camden or Islington can access our free courses. Staff and service users are welcome, as are friends, family, other professionals and members of the public. No referral is needed. We also provide our expertise outside London, existing customers include Changing Lives (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) and Berlin Recovery College.
How to enrol
We will be publishing more in-person enrolment session dates for next term.
How to enrol online
- Choose up to three online courses from our course guide and course calendar
- Fill out and submit the Recovery College online enrolment form if you live, work or receive support in Camden or Islington. Please read our Privacy Notice [pdf] 103KB before enrolling.
- Once you have submitted the form, we will email you confirmation of your enrolment with Microsoft Teams or YouTube links
How to join a Microsoft Teams session:
- 15 minutes before the session start time click on the link we email you a day before the course (check your junk folder if you don't see it)
- You can also open 'Joining a C&I Recovery College Online Workshop' in the Downloads and follow the steps
- Teams will check with you whether you prefer to join in a browser (Edge, Chrome) or in an app on a mobile device like phone or tablet. You don't have to install anything or register. Generally, however, some report better results if you have an app or use a registered Teams account.
- Test the link - confirmation email has the MS Teams session link. Click it. See what happens. Test it on your device so you know what to expect. See how to turn your mic and camera off and on. Don't worry, the link will work ok on the date of the session.
News and updates
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Creative Collaboration event on Wednesday 18 October! It was a joyful and supportive day, and we'll be sharing the outcomes soon.
You can read about our Co-production Conversations event on 2 October on our news page.
Have a look at the Recollect study [pdf] (exploring the outcomes of Recovery Colleges). You can sign up by visiting the Research into Recovery website.
- Student Charter & Code of Conduct [pdf] 214KB
- Attendance punctuality and course cancellation guidance [pdf] 141KB
- Principles of courses [pdf] 52KB
- Joining an online course [pdf] 523KB
- Learning Guidance Conversations [pdf] 108KB
- C&I Staff - teach with us! [pdf] 297KB
- Talk for health- for staff and volunteers [pdf] 371KB
- Talk for health- for staff and volunteers- more info [pdf] 424KB