Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides a right of access to a wide range of information held by public authorities, including the NHS.  The purpose is to promote greater openness and accountability.

The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 requires us to:

  • Provide information to you about the Trust through a publication scheme.
  • Respond appropriately to requests for information.

Before you request information from us

Please check whether the information you seek is already available as you may find the information you are looking for on the Partnership website. If the information you are requesting from us is already published, we will refer you to the published source.

Information for both Trusts is routinely published via our Publication Scheme and previous FOI requests, which are to linked below.

Please note that both Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust and Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust only provide services and treatments relating to mental health.

What can I request?

You can request any recorded information that you think either Trust may hold. If you are looking for your own personal data, then you should make a Subject Access Request by emailing the relevant Trust below:

For C&I:
For BEH:

How do I make a request?

Your FOI request must be in writing and can be emailed or posted to the relevant Trust. Email requests should be sent to the below email addresses as appropriate. Details of postal address can be found via the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page:

For C&I:
For BEH:

Please do not include attachments such as links or spreadsheets with your request as we do not open these for cyber security purposes.

Your request must include the following before the Trust can respond to your request:

  • Your real name – we do not have to respond to requests submitted under a pseudonym and we must be able to identify you from your name or email address.
  • Your email address.
  • A clear description of the information you wish to obtain.
  • Any preferences for the format you wish to receive the information in. We will endeavour to meet your preferences where we can.

Your request does not need to explicitly mention the FOI Act, nor do you need to tell us why you want the information.

How should I word a request?

Detailed information and guidance in making a request is available via the Information Commissioner’s Office website. In making a request it is helpful to note the following:

  • Clearly identify the information you require and state dates or timescales. The Trust has the right to seek clarification if the request is not clear.
  • Be as specific as possible. If your request is too general or vague it may be refused on the grounds that replying would exceed the cost limit. However, should this occur, we will provide you with advice and assistance to narrow your request.
  • Use straightforward, polite language.

It would be helpful to avoid:

  • Using open-ended questions or asking for an opinion or judgement that is not already recorded.
  • Submitting frivolous or trivial requests.
  • Mixing a request with a complaint. There is a separate process for submitting complaints.

What happens when my request is received?

Under the FOIA public authorities must respond to your request within 20 working days. We will do one of the following:

  • Provide you with the information you have requested.
  • Inform you we do not hold the information request, and if we are able, advise you who may.
  • Inform you that we hold the information requested but withhold some or all of the information citing an exemption from the FOI Act.

If for any reason we are unable to respond to your request within 20 working days we will inform you of this.

What if I am unhappy with my reply or how my request was handed?

For C&I

If you are unhappy with your reply or how we handled your request, you can request an internal review under the Trusts FOI procedure by emailing

We will respond to this review within 20 working days of receipt. If you remain dissatisfied then you can complain to the ICO, details of how to do this are available on the ICO website: Make a complaint | ICO


If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been dealt with you can make a complaint under the Trust’s complaints procedure by writing to:

The Chief Executive
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
Trust Headquarters, Orchard House
St Ann’s Hospital
St Ann’s Road
London, N15 3TH

If you are still not satisfied you can then complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO). Details of how to do this are available at the ICO website.

Full details of how to ask the Trust for an internal review will be included in our initial reply to your FOI request as well as details of how to complain to the Information Commissioner.

We would love to hear from you!

Fill on our form to provide valuable feedback! We’d love to hear from you so that we can constantly improve our site. Feedback form